|...always stay gold.|
|Nothing Gold Can Stay
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
-- Robert Frost
|Date - Name –
1. Do you think the rumble was worth the trouble? Explain your answer.
2. Why did Dally want to die?
3. How do you think the other Greasers will end up?
Date - Name –
1. . Why do you think Ponyboy was ill? Explain your answer.
2. Why did Randy come to visit Ponyboy when he was ill? Why did Ponyboy not care that Randy was seeing his house in a messy condition?
3. Why do you think Ponyboy said he’d killed Bob and that Johnny wasn’t dead? (pages 165-166, I think!)
Date - Name –
1. Why was the court hearing important? What were the possible decisions of the court?
2. Why do you think Ponyboy’s life was still troubled after the court hearing?
3. What was the book that was left to Ponyboy? Why was the book important?
4. What message did Johnny leave in the book?
|Take a look at the pictures on the links below. Take notes on what you see.
Write a sentence or two (like your own captions) for each picture (7 in all)
Erica - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/erica.html
Old and Young - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/young.old.gif
Vadar - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/vadar.html
Rima - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/rima2.html
Vadar and Maggot - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/maggot.html
Amber - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/amber.camp.html
Train Jumpin' - URL:http://www.auschron.com/gallery/8bit/train.gif
Finally, students will reflect on the issues surrounding homelessness by writing a poem.